Custom GC packed colum problem

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
I am doing GC on vaporous BTEX and gasoline compounds and looking for a new design for a column. I am using a custom packed column with silcoport 100\120 solid phase and 5% RT-1200 and 1.75% Bentone 34. The problem I have is that the operating temperature is 20 °C and the RT-1200 is solid below 25 °C. I only have the option of running isothermal and I also need high flow and low oxidation of the mobile phase. I run 10 to 30 mL/min and use 80:20 Nitrogen:Oxygen as the gas phase. The dealers such as Restek and Supelco will make a column but not offer any advice on different liquid phases. Any advice would be helpful. I will be off the forum for the next week but I am eagerly awaiting any helpful suggestions.
Ray Carter
Chemist
In search of low temp GC phases
I am still looking for a new column but I have made changes to my original column parameters by raising the temperature to 35 °C and decreasing the resolution necessary. I could still use suggestions for an alternate chemistry.
Ray Carter

Chemist

In search of low temp GC phases
2 posts Page 1 of 1