GC Varian 3400 fault 47

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,
I have an Varian 3400Cx GC and gets the fault 47 det A flamout and this sets the GC in not ready state. The problem is that I have an external device waiting for the ready signal from the GC, so the consequence is that this doesn´t move further until I press reset on the GC. I have to get the GC in ready state automatically.

I understand that the FID flameout means that the electrometer's reading of the FID standing current is too low and so it thinks the FID is off.

Can I change the limit of the flamout threshold somehow?
Is there any way of setting the automatic re-ignition to OFF?
Other suggestions to solve this?

Thanks for help!
Hi Veven,

Why do you think the electrometer's reading of the FID is so low that the GC thinks the flame is out? This is the cause of the problem.

What is your air:H2 ratio? maybe more fuel would help, maybe a lower make-up gas flow, may be a good clean would help (it's an old instrument!).

As an aside, what software are you using to control the GC, Star?

Kind regards,

Bob
2 posts Page 1 of 1