"MS communication : Disabled"

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi, after a shutdown of the MS (power cut) I see on the statut of the GC MS agilent 7890B "MS communication : Disabled", I want to know if i can reconnect the MS communication. But I don't remember if before the power cut the statut was "MS communication : connected", I think yes. Is it a problem to continue with this message in the statut ?

Thank you,
Jérémie.
JeremieUlaval wrote:
Hi, after a shutdown of the MS (power cut) I see on the statut of the GC MS agilent 7890B "MS communication : Disabled", I want to know if i can reconnect the MS communication. But I don't remember if before the power cut the statut was "MS communication : connected", I think yes. Is it a problem to continue with this message in the statut ?

Thank you,
Jérémie.

Try loading the control software and see if the message goes away. My 7000 triple quad displays that message all the time but it still talks to the software.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
Hey this is benign and you're better off leaving it disconnected.

You can connect the GC and MS via LVDS cable and then configure communication from the front panel of the GC using the aux detector or ms detector button on the GC. It doesn't add many features, leaving it off is fine.
3 posts Page 1 of 1