Scion vs Agilent GC

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi
I would like to know your thoughts on Scion and Agilent GC. I am particularly interested in purchasing GC-FID for academic labs. Besides comparing instrument specs, I would like to know your experience with technical support and services for these 2 vendors. I would like to consider overall package - tech support, services, replacement parts besides pricing. Thank you.

Hla
Having used both a Scion and Agilent GC in my lab. I have to say a Agilent GC is far better. The support for it is better and I never enjoyed working with our Scion GC. We actually scrapped ours after we had so many issues with it.

When we first got our Scion, the GC was under Bruker's brand. I know it's under a different company's brand now. But, when we had our issues, Bruker put the blame on us when this instrument had failed during initial set up as well. The support might be better for it now but, I highly doubt it.

I would only get it if you're familiar with Varian GC and software which is what the Scion is based on.
2 posts Page 1 of 1