GCMS, Splitless injection

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi to all.,

I am using QP2010 Plus, Shimadzu, I have a problem with the split ratio on splitless mode, the set pressure is decreased by reducing the split ratio.

my question is: split ration is important for splitless mode? or is a sign of the leak? or should I increase the purge flow?
Welcome to the forum.

Is it the inlet pressure setting (in the method) that decreases when you decrease the split ratio, or the actual pressure as shown by the inlet pressure readout ?

Do you set a split ratio or a total flow ?

Peter
Peter Apps
Hey!

I assume you´re working with GCMSolution by Shimadzu. Split ratio should not affect your method when the method is set on splitless. Do you use pressure flow control mode or linear velocity? If you set flow control to pressure, programme keeps it stable and re-count other values.

Nikola
Hi Nikola,

Yes your assume is right. The system on pressure mode only.
4 posts Page 1 of 1