Agilent 6850 Gas Flows of Detector

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello my friends,

I´m facing a problem with my GC Agilent 6850.
When I turn it on, the gas flow of the gases are:

Air: 477 (even when I set to 0). It doesn´t change.
H2: 11.6 (even when I set to 0). It doesn´t change.
Make-Up N2: it works as I set.

What should I do?

Thanks,

Lucas.
Lucas - if I had this issue, first thing I would do is use my accessory electronic flow checker or soap bubble meter and see if such flows are really as flow meter says.

Are you using H2 for both carrier gas and for the FID ?
I already did it. And there are no flows coming out.

No. I´m using H2 only for FID. For carrier gas I´m using N2.

Any idea?
Possibilities :

-Loose contact between EPC and EPC control board , check ribbon cable connections
-Faulty EPC
-Faulty EPC control board
Hiii!! Hope you are doing good. If you are facing accuracy errors or measuring problems you can try https://www.iconprocon.com/product-category/paddle-wheel-flow-meters . rate of Flow is the main thing so is the measurement of the flow . according to me if we use perfect instruments for such measurements we won't face such issues.
Check the user manual for a way to reset the zero of the flow controllers.

Peter
Peter Apps
6 posts Page 1 of 1