Question about N2 generator

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
We are looking to buy Parker N2 generator for GC carrier gas.

Does anyone have experience with N2 generator for GC?

Please let me know your experiences.

Thank you
How many GCs are you looking to run off your generator? Make sure you buy one big enough to accommodate your N2 needs.

I am a big fan of N2 and H2 generators personally, however it never hurts to have one spare tank of each lying around in case your generator runs into issues.

The catalyst will probably require replacing after a few years, but even with this replacement worked into the overall cost they will work out cheaper than gas cylinders in the long run.
We have about 15 GC equipped with ECD. Each is about 60-70ml/min flow setting.

We are spending about $10K yr for UHP nitrogen bottle. It will be nice to minimize the cost by going N2 generator.

I'm thinking to get Parker UHPZN2-3200C http://labgasgenerators.com/products/parker-nitrogen-gas-generators/zero-nitrogen-for-gc-carrier-and-make-up-gas/model-uhpzn2-3200/. This model will give me 3.2L/min 75 PSI of 99.9995% N2.

Thanks
3 posts Page 1 of 1