New GCs

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

I'm looking at some of the new GCs (Shimadzu Nexis GC-2030, Thermo Trace 1300/10, Agilent Intuvo 9000) that are available and want to get some opinions.

I read the recent thread on the Intuvo, the GuardChip sounds interesting although I need to get some more info about the costs. I like the idea of the modularity on the Thermo, but if I'm just going to use a FID does it make much difference? The rep I spoke to talked about it being easier to maintain/clean. Has anyone heard much about the Nexis?

What are peoples thoughts, is it better just to stick with the 7890 or are any of the newer instruments really a step up?

Ryan
It's difficult to provide recommendations without knowledge of your anticipated use. In our work environment, modularity is of absolutely no value to us, so that's not a selling point. One of our 7890s has run 250,000 samples; never once have I thought, 'gee, I was this FID was easier to maintain.' We change the jet about every six months and clean the collector every year. This is really simple, so the less maintenance claim really wouldn't be a selling point either.
I have 2 Thermo 1310 GC's and they work fine for me.
Had a problem with the DPFC off a PTV injector. The service-tech provided us with a new PTV and it took les than 10min to replace and be up and running again.
3 posts Page 1 of 1