ITEX on CTC combipal???

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm hoping someone could help me with this, we're looking to do some ITEX analysis and don't have the option of running the combipal from our GC software (older version of chemstation without the CTC add on in the method builder). While we have done ITEX analysis on our other instruments this was managed from the GC control software, so we're in uncharted waters with regards to running ITEX from the CTC control panel. Our main problem is that there doesn't appear to be an ITEX cycle when building a method (like you get for GC inj, GC-headspace, SPME) so a lot of the paramaters aren't defined. such as needle desorption temperature during injection, cleaning temp and the likes. I've managed to piece together that the needle temp is linked to the injectors desorb2 and desorber but I'm sure I'm missing something else. We using the ITEX 2 option for the CTC, and firmware and all that is suitable according to the manuals I've read so far. Does anyone have any experience with this type of setup? I would welcome any input into this.
Thanks in advance.
I have no direct experience with the exact set up so take this at what it is, but the CTC ITEX brochure makes no mention of being able to run an ITEX cycle directly from the PAL with an ITEX cycle. They say that basically you need to use either Cycle Composer or control through instrument software with the appropriate driver. Are you in the US? I've never contacted CTC directly for questions like this, but LEAP has always been very helpful to me.
My apologies for the late reply, I haven't checked up on this in a while. I'm actually in Ireland. You are correct, ITEX doesn't run from the CTC control panel. We ended up getting cycle composer to do the analysis.
3 posts Page 1 of 1