Buker/Varian Scion GC456 Software Issue

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Good afternoon,
I have a Bruker/Varian Scion GC456 unit in my lab. The hard drive in the computer that previously ran it recently broke down with no hope for recovery. I have a new PC running Windows 10 that I am attempting to install Compass CDS on. I have the original software disk and serial number, and I have the Galaxie drivers disk, but I do not have the serial number for that as the instrument install was done several years before my arrival here. As such, I am currently down on ASTM D4815 and D3606 in my lab which is a major issue for us. Can anyone please provide me with a work around? Any help would be appreciated!!!
Hello,

My name is Alfonso Madrigal and I work for Advanced Analytical Systems. We specifically provide laboratory support services, such as laboratory instrumentation sales and servicing, monthly maintenance plans including on-site and remote access, troubleshooting and complete instrument repairs, as well as our method development or even our custom laboratory information management systems (LIMS).

AAS specializes in servicing current and older instruments of Varian/Bruker, HP/Agilent, Shimadzu, SRI, and Antek. Our on-site services vary from weekly, monthly and yearly. Additionally, we provide exceptional operator training that improves relations between users and advanced software.

If you have any needs in regard to your laboratory, gas chromatographs, software, or any instrumentation at all, please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Thank you,

Alfonso Madrigal

P: (562) 852-6071
E: amadrigal@aasystems.com
I have updated my system to windows 10 and tried to install Scion GC456 Software on it but was not able to do it. Any help. :cry:
Hi all,

I recomend if you are having issues, first to uninstall the software.
Then before reinstalling it get all the Firewalls OFF, and all the Antivirus OFF.

After the installation you can activate the Firewalls and Antivirus again.

About the drivers, some licences from Galaxy will not work on Compass CDS. You can ask to me via mail: "royddc@hotmail.com"
Sarahrose wrote:
I have updated my system to windows 10 and tried to install Scion GC456 Software on it but was not able to do it. Any help. :cry:

Managed to solve?
I have a step by step how to perform the installation and configuration procedure.
It is not possible to install Galaxie drivers on Compass CDS, since one is owned by Agilent, and the other by Scion.
You have to install drivers delivered by Compass Only.
Hi All,

First all Varian, Bruker and Scion GC drivers are distributed with CompassCDS, so there should be no need to install drivers distributed previously by Agilent/Varian. However "Galaxie" drivers such as Varian LC for example may be installed in CompassCDS with the purchase of the appropriate license.

Secondly only CompassCDS Version 4.0 onwards will work with Windows 10 so please ensure you are trying to work with the current version. If you require the upgrade, these are free under an SMA so please get in touch if you need one or require any further installation help. http://www.ciinformatics.co.uk/products ... mpass-cds/

Kind regards,

Bob Lott
7 posts Page 1 of 1