ALS Failure Code {142}: Autosampler Setpoint Error

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Good afternoon,

I've been having issues with my 7683B ALS (connected to a 7890A GC). Backstory: Had software issues that Agilent couldn't fix. Ended up having to uninstall and reinstall Chemstation. Also ended up getting a new cryo valve. We had backup methods saved prior to uninstalling the original ChemStation.

Present: I have my method set up to inject with the front injector (INJ1). Everything on Chemstation matches the GC parameters. I start the sequence and the sample tray begins moving my vial. It moves the vial to the ALS, the turret rotates to a WA slot, does some half injection, and then everything goes back to a "Ready for Injection" state.

The GC, which was "Ready for Injection", now reverts back to "Not Ready" (need to prep run), the ALS is back on the green "ready" light, and ChemStation software changes from "Sequence in Progress" to to "Ready" as if I never started a sequence.

The instrument panel on ChemStation contains the following error:
ALS Failure State: Preparing Samples
ALS Failure Code {142}: Autosampler Setpoint Error

Anyone come across this issue who can help me out?

Thank you

dj
Have you tried to re-calibrate the autosampler?

Any obstacles that can interfere with its movement?
Hi DJ,

Did you ever fix the problem? We are having the same error message on the same combination of ALS and GC.

Best,
Mads
Hi.
Have you tried aligning needle ?
4 posts Page 1 of 1