1 1-cyclopropanedicarboxylic acid GC Method

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Dear All,

Please help me about 1 1-cyclopropanedicarboxylic acid purity by GC method.

I tried in DB-5, DB-1, ZB-624, AT-5, ZB-1, ZB-WAX Plus capillary columns with different dimensions

but iam not getting peak in above all colmuns

In, Nukol column, peak is getting but peak shape is not good
We need more information! What are your chromatographic conditions?
It is not very suitable for direct GC analysis based on its structure and boiling point. Five options:
1. GC following derivatization
2. Hplc
3. IC
4. TITRATION
5. Nmr
Hi GC@Emmennar,

I agree with the folks above. Of the GC columns you've tried (assuming you're not performing derivatization, the best choice would be Nukol, or another type of FFAP phase. BP of 1,1-cyclopropane dicarboxylic acid is 371 degrees Celsius, which is very hot...may have trouble eluting 1,1-cyclopropane dicarboxylic acid using an FFAP phase.
MattM
As others have suggested, if limited to GC, ideally you do need to be using derivatisation.

Silylation would be my approach and run on DB1 or DB5..

Have you tried this?

Are you comparing your sample with a 97% standard like this from Sigma?

https://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/pr ... &region=GB
Regards

Ralph
5 posts Page 1 of 1