blank run (No injection)

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,
As i know it's very important to always run an instrument blank as the first thing to do in the morning before anything else, if possible..
i need some help, i am using GC 7890B From Agilent Technology, my question is how to run a blanc analysis without any injection ?
Hello

1.Load your method
2.Go to "Run Control" tab
3.Open "Sample info"
4.Fill all columns and leave "location" empty
5.Click "Run"

System will run loaded method with no injection.

Regards

Tomasz Kubowicz
Thank you for your reply.
what if i want to add it in the end? . i mean is there any possibility to programme it automatically after a couple of injections ?
Thank you for your reply.
what if i want to add it in the end? . i mean is there any possibility to programme it automatically after a couple of injections ?

tkubowicz wrote:
Hello

1.Load your method
2.Go to "Run Control" tab
3.Open "Sample info"
4.Fill all columns and leave "location" empty
5.Click "Run"

System will run loaded method with no injection.

Regards

Tomasz Kubowicz
Hello

It depends on your software version. As I remember if you leave "location" empty in your sequence table you can run blank. But for some Chemstation version it doesn't work.

So create your sequence table and try to run it with "location" empty.

Regards

Tomasz Kubowicz
tkubowicz wrote:
Hello

It depends on your software version. As I remember if you leave "location" empty in your sequence table you can run blank. But for some Chemstation version it doesn't work.

Regards

Tomasz Kubowicz

It works for ChemStation codename Leonardo, but does't worka for MSD ChemStation (codename Mustang).
Thank you so much
it works.
tkubowicz wrote:
Hello

Regards

Tomasz Kubowicz
dblux_ wrote:
tkubowicz wrote:
Hello

Regards

Tomasz Kubowicz

It works for ChemStation codename Leonardo, but does't worka for MSD ChemStation (codename Mustang).

For Mustang you would have to create a method without the autosampler to run at the end of a sequence. Not sure if you can set it to inject instantly without waiting for an external device or not but I think it is possible.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
You could also set your injection volume in your sequence table to 0. This will cause the system to run a blank injection as the sequence table settings will override the method settings.

One other option would be to create a blank sample. Just fill a vial with your solvent and inject from that.
9 posts Page 1 of 1