Old GC/MS

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi
I'm finishing my PhD. Unfortunately last week my GC/MS (Varian Saturn 2100T model) stopped working. During the repair it turned out that the module of pneumatic type 21 (that’s the gas flow control system for the 3900 chromatograph) is defective.
I can’t afford to buy a new module of pneumatic or a new GC. :(

Does anyone of you knows someone who has a similar chromatograph, which is not used?

Sorry for my english.
Hello

If you can't buy flow controller (new or used) you can try to fix it - you can find company specializing in small electronic jobs (possible reason is that pressure sensor came off from board and it needs to be soldered). Alternatively try to find company that disposed old GC (pharma labs, environmental labs)

Regards

Tomasz Kubowicz
Thank you for your suggestion.

I gave the flow controller to an electronical check. The pressure sensor has been soldered. Unfortunately the problem with the flow still exists.
Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem?
3 posts Page 1 of 1