Agilent headspace vial shaking

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Quick question: we are looking at headspace units and our methodology would involve a significant shaking/mixing time (at least 30 minutes, since we are reacting in the vial and measuring one of the gaseous products.) We are looking at the Agilent 7694E and 7697A (111 vial unit with shaker.) Could anybody who uses either of these instruments tell me whether they can shake all the vials in the oven at the same time, so then we can better stagger our runs? I asked the sales rep and he did not give me a clear answer.
I know the Tekmar 7000 only shakes one at a time though it heats up to 12 in the main carousell. I suspect the 7694 which is a similar instrument also does that.

For shaking and heating of multiple vials simultaneously you probably need either the Combi-Pal, EST Flex, or Gerstell unit.
We've looked at both of the Tekmar units (Versa and HT3). Both only shake one vial at a time. The Perkin Elmer Turbomatrix will shake a dozen vials simultaneously, it's just not competitive on price.
Actually you are in luck with the 7694 the entire carousel which holds 6 vials shakes and is within the oven.

http://ms.fiu.edu/instruments/service-i ... manual.pdf
MSCHemist wrote:
Actually you are in luck with the 7694 the entire carousel which holds 6 vials shakes and is within the oven.

7694E differs from other 7694, as it is Economy type sampler, with only one space in oven. The same goes with 7697, as there are two types: one with 12 Vials/1 oven space, and the other with 111 vials / 12 oven space.
I also fond this for 7697A. Agilent part number for 111/12 is G4557A for 12/1 is G4556A

http://www.chem.agilent.com/en-US/produ ... tails.aspx
Get a Dani Master SHS 120 vial positions with an 18 position agitation oven, compatible with all makes of GC. Dani made the Agilent headspace systems for years so it is their best product. :)
Sold by Gentech in the States and us in the UK.
7 posts Page 1 of 1