injection without autosampler

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

22 posts Page 2 of 2
Hi Tomasz,

The z-belt inside the autosampler arm is torn. Additionally one little gear wheel that supports the z-belt is totally worn down. Unfortunately the geer wheel is not an official part and therefore there's no supplier for it :cry:

Now I'm looking for a second hand autosampler arm (also for its replacement parts) but that's not easy to find either...

Regards, Viki
vikiBPI wrote:
Hi Tomasz,

The z-belt inside the autosampler arm is torn. Additionally one little gear wheel that supports the z-belt is totally worn down. Unfortunately the geer wheel is not an official part and therefore there's no supplier for it :cry:

Now I'm looking for a second hand autosampler arm (also for its replacement parts) but that's not easy to find either...

Regards, Viki

Hi Viki

Most instrumentation is assembled from standard parts that the manufacturers buy in. It is a while since I looked, but try Googling something like "small parts" and "small components" and you will be astonished at how much of a GC you can put together ! It may take a while to find the right wheel, but you can do it during the 25 minutes between semi-manual injections ! Good luck.

Peter
Peter Apps
It is very easy to get a machine shop to produce a new gear wheel. If nylon will do it will probably also be cheap.
vikiBPI wrote:
Hi Tomasz,

Regards, Viki

Hi Viki

Are you sure that the wheel is really worn smooth and that it was not smooth to start with ? - it might just be an idler wheel to guide the belt or keep it under tension.

Peter
Peter Apps
Viki,

Spare trays are readily available and (usually) reasonably priced. If it were just the belt I would say talk to Restek but since it is also a wheel I would advise buying a used tray and then keeping yours for spare parts.

For the non-adventurous, there is the Merlin Micro-shot for manual injections.

Best regards,

AICMM
Yep you should be able to get a replacement gear if you know the dimmensions.

Normally they do use standard parts though they are not always easy to obtain. I am working my Tekmar 7000. A few of the gear motors could use replacement [one is totally shot] but Tekmar only sells whole assemblies for $900 a pop and the motors themselves are made locally by a company name Merkle Korff but they won't sell to individuals and have a minimum order of 100 so noone has them stocked arround. I manged to find the one I most need NOS.
If you can find any kind of identification -serial numbers especially - on a part that needs replacing it is always worth a shot to just Google it - I am continually amazed by what I can find.

CH
Peter Apps
22 posts Page 2 of 2