automatic liq-liq of pahs, bad recovery of last QC standards

Discussions about sample preparation: extraction, cleanup, derivatization, etc.

17 posts Page 2 of 2
James, with the Agilent MMI and the 7000C we validated a method using 1:10 extraction with 25µL injection to reach 2.5 ng/L benzo(a)pyrene on drinking waters. It's the same order of magnitude as BMU_VMW is injecting (even lower :) ) and it works very well. It's possible!
Rndirk wrote:
James, with the Agilent MMI and the 7000C we validated a method using 1:10 extraction with 25µL injection to reach 2.5 ng/L benzo(a)pyrene on drinking waters. It's the same order of magnitude as BMU_VMW is injecting (even lower :) ) and it works very well. It's possible!

Now if EPA would only put such things in the 525 methods for drinking water we would be set :)

But I am considering it for 8270/625 since the new updates allow for changing the extraction and injection volumes. I just ran a standard 625 list at 0.01ppm and 25ul injection with good results. That is getting me in the range for using EPA 3511 VOA vial extractions for this.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
17 posts Page 2 of 2