Waters 2695 stopped working, please help.

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
We have a waters 2695. Yesterday, we opened up the HPLC and replaced the line going into the in-line filter. After we buttoned everything back up, the instrument won't boot. When I turn the power on it beeps a few times and then holds a long beep. The screen flashes a bit, but nothing ever shows up. I opened it back up and I don't see anything that got unplugged inside. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Its been a few years but I think something like this happened to me when I had a dead battery on the main board. To get at it just remove the left side cover (2 screws hold it in place located in the back). You will see a 3V round lithium battery mounted on the board. Its a cheap common battery that can be found in hardware and grocery stores if you do not have one on hand and may be worth a try.

If you are using a newer e2695 unit however the battery is a yellow rectangle shape that you'll have to get from Waters.
I sure hope it's something that simple. Thanks for the info, I'll check that battery.
That fixed it! Thanks again. Gotta love it when a forum gets back to you faster than Waters.
Powered off this same system this morning and when I turned it back on I had the same issue as last February. I changed the battery and this time it didn't fix the issue. Any ideas?
5 posts Page 1 of 1