Agilent B.04.03 SP2 needed

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I'm upgrading an old lab system that has performed faithfully for many years from Windows XP to Windows 7 since our corporate network no longer tolerates XP computers on the domain. There is nothing actually wrong with the instrument of course. We had it unplugged from the domain for a while but copying data onto flash drives gets old quickly.

Anyway so I ordered a new PC with windows 7 and then installed Chemstation B.04.03 SP1 from our licensed CD that was originally put on this system long before I got here.

So the installation works fine, but we cannot find our nice new 1260 DAD detector (G4212) in the instrument configuration. So we go back to the old XP computer and see that at some point it was updated from B.04.03 SP1 [87] to B.04.03 [16].

Does anyone know where to the SP2 version of chemstation B.04.03? Or some way to patch it to B.04.03 [16]?

Thanks!
All of the patch files to update your licensed copy of ChemStation for LC can be found at Agilent's website. You can purchase them or download them. Link: https://www.agilent.com/search/?Ntt=chemstation%20B.04

You mentioned that you have a DAD. If you have not done so already, yo must also load the 3D spectral license onto your software configuration too (Both the 2D and 3D (Spectral) licenses are needed to run an HPLC configuration with a DAD.

All modules need to have the latest matching firmware installed. ALL module firmware is also available for free at Agilent's website. If your DAD module was manufactured AFTER the software revision that you have, than it will not be recognized by your software (because it did not exist yet). Go to their site, look up your detector and match up your modules with the latest firmware revision download for your specific configuration (just follow the instructions). Link: https://www.agilent.com/en-us/firmwareD ... whid=69761
Thanks for the feedback, I did not see what I needed in the link but it is a good starting point if other people have similar issues.
As far as I know you should be able to obtain a version from your Agilent support if you ask them nicely. They might try to talk you into buying OpenLab but I suppose you have a valid licence for the ChemStation so usually they'll send it to you.

btw I find it really annoying that Agilent does not just put the ChemStation software online so everybody can download it; in the end you still need a valid licence to get it working; idk what the big deal is
4 posts Page 1 of 1