Agilent 1200 G1322A Degasser Failure

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi guys,

New to this forum, I have found various similar trouble shooters in regard to the issue I am having.

We have an Agilent 1200 G1322A degasser which goes through its error protocols (red light after ~7mins and entire system shutoff) and I am having a lot of trouble resolving the problem.

We are based in Sydney, Australia and have not had any help from Agilent, as there only solution is replacing the module which my bosses are not keen on doing. is there any 3rd party companies that offer this in Sydney? I have not had any luck finding one.

I am working on obtaining replacement vacuum tubing to see if it resolves the issue but how do I isolate the vacuum pump as the issue? I do not have the AUX input to find out its pressure output? Unless I have misunderstood how you can do this.

Thank you so much for your help!
I agree: replace the vacuum tubing and see what happens. I've seen degasser tubing degrade and corrode.
Look for cracked tubing and trim it-easy fix
I just fixed one of these. It was giving the exact same symptoms but the tubing was in great shape. Finally I thought maybe it was the pressure sensor that was bad so I pulled the tubing there and slipped a luer tip 10ml disposable syringe in the tubing and pulled a vacuum on it and the lights went from yellow to off, indicating proper vacuum was met. I then reassembled the tubing and turned it back on and placed the syringe in the outlet of the pump and pulled about 2ml on the plunger and the lights again went out as they should.

I took the sides of the pump off and inside there are some small rubber flaps similar to what are in Burkett valves. I cleaned under and around them with a cotton swap soaked in IPA, then reassembled the pump and placed the inlet side tubing into the vial of IPA and turned it on and let it suck in a few hundred ul of IPA, then let it pump until it blew it all out the waste.

The unit works perfectly now. Those little flaps just had enough of something on them that they were no longer sealing and letting the pump pull full vacuum.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
4 posts Page 1 of 1