Columns With Fused Core/Hybrid Particles

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello

We are doing a periodic re-evaluation of the columns we use in our lab, and a question came up that I would like to present.

I think that fused core columns have a clear benefit, and I think that columns made with hybrid material have a clear benefit. And the ideal would be a column that makes use of particles that are both fused core and hybrid.

I only know of one such column, which is the Evo C18 (and it only comes in C18, no other chemistries). So my question is: Does anyone know of any other columns, on the market, that are made from particles that are both fused core and hybrid.

Thanks in Advance
The main benefit of hybrid-type columns is the enhanced stability at high pH, so I think you're looking at a core-shell column that can be used at high pH?
Advanced Chromatography Technologies provide the ACE Ultracore columns, which is core-shell type suited (at least as claimed by the manufacturer) for high-pH applications up to pH 11. It's not (at least by name) a hybrid-material column, but "encapsulated bonding technology" based, whatever that means...
In addition to C18 a Phenyl-hexyl column is also available.
Agilent provides the Poroshell HPH column (not ot be confused with the regular Poroshell) which, according to the description, is some sort of pH-stable core-shell hybrid material. But AFAIK only C18 available here...

Disclaimer: I don't work for ACT or Agilent and I havent't used these columns yet, so I cannot say anything about their actual pH-stability. I used the Kinetex EVO once for a development project with a high-pH application, and it seemed quite stable (meaning it didn't die during the ~200 injections at pH 10 we performed).
2 posts Page 1 of 1