HPLC Vitamin C

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I am trying to to determine the concentration of vitamin C in some supplement samples. I was wondering if anyone can confirm if running gradient using mobile phase of A( 0.1% acetic acid in water) and B (methanol) with addition of 5 mM of hexane sulfonic acid sodium salt would work?

Thanks.
Hello.
We use an isocratic method at C18 with Tetrabutylammonium hydrogen sulfate as an ion-pairing agent.
Best regards,
Dmitriy A. Perlow
I used to use (~40 years ago) an isocratic method using a 250 mm C18 column and a mobile phase of Methanol/cold Metaphosphoric acid for Vitamin C in fish food.
Look at this. Perhaps it helps you.

Trends in Analytical Chemistry, Vol. 27, No. 10, 2008

Have you tried an HILIC method? Give it a shot.
Q. F. Ignacio Viera
For fish food I used a C18 column and a Mobile Phase (isocratic) of 90% cold metaphosphoric acid in ACN. Wavelength was 248 nm.

That was ~30 years ago (I think)!
5 posts Page 1 of 1