HPLC-UV to ESI or APCI

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,

Could someone please help me in developing a method on triple quadrupole mass spectrometer. I have a method developed on HPLC-UV and the solvent system used was hexane/Isopropanol +0.1% triethylamine (90:10), and the analytes are basic in nature (Pka around 10). I am planning to develop a method on mass spec. To my knowledge it's difficult to see an ESI spectrum using hexane as a solvent. I did a trial on ESI and APCI by direct injection using the same (as given above) combination of solvents, but I wasn't able to see any peaks. The coulmn is compatible with solvents such as alkanes, alcohols (methanol, ethanol and Isopropanol), and acetonitrile. Could someone please suggest me to develop a method on mass spec. I would be happy to provide more information if needed. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Thanks,
Sravan Mansani.
I don't think ESI will work but the APCI should work fine. Try introducing your compound in your mobile phase without the column
at a few hundred uL/min. You should see your analyte peak.
2 posts Page 1 of 1