application for Polysorbate 20

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

9 posts Page 1 of 1
want to quantify poly20 with non-ELSD method
anybody have a solution for same
amirtamboli wrote:

As part of a matrix (i.e. product)?
10% or 10ppm? What matrix?
5 ppm
max_planck wrote:
amirtamboli wrote:

As part of a matrix (i.e. product)?

yes as a part of matrix with 5 ppm conc.
A nice application you can find under: http://www.chem.agilent.com/Library/app ... 8311EN.pdf
I'm sure from other manufacturers you will find also some application notes on Tween 20.
Good luck
Gerhard Kratz, Kratz_Gerhard@web.de
Consumer Products Guy wrote:
10% or 10ppm? What matrix?

5 ppm
Gerhard Kratz wrote:
A nice application you can find under: http://www.chem.agilent.com/Library/app ... 8311EN.pdf
I'm sure from other manufacturers you will find also some application notes on Tween 20.
Good luck

thanks dear
bur its elsd method, i have tried and its not suitable for low concentration approx 5 ppm.
Hi,
I would like to analyze polysorbate 20 at a concentration of 0.05 mg/ml, or slightly lower, in a solution that contains protein, 10 mg/ml. If possible, I would like to use a simple method, including hydrolysis of PS20 by KOH followed by RPC analysis of the released lauric acid and quantification by using UV absorbance at 195-200 nm.
Is this possible?
Have you seen published methods that describes this? References?

I suppose that alternatives are including fluorescence detection after labelling of the released fatty acid? Do you have references to useful methods?

I am grateful for your input.

Best regards,

Goran Karlsson, PhD
Xbrane Biopharma
Sweden
9 posts Page 1 of 1