Thermo Surveyor / Chromeleon Error

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Dear All,
Recently I was running some samples and unfortunatly the sequence stopped mid-through and now I can't get the HPLC working again.
It is a Thermo Surveyor system which is running on Chromeleon 6.8. I get an error-message right after I start the sequence. The error message is: SigAsSInjectPartialFromVialEx
I use a partial injection, but when I chance it to a full injection the error-message stays, but changes to SigAsInjectFullFromVialEx

Does anyone know what is happening here?

Thanks so much for your help
Maurice
Check with Dionex for the error codes. From the syntax, I would guess that Chtomeleon is not seeing a signal confirming the injection.
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374
can you say the message in the audit trail when the instrument stopped?

it is most probably related
maybe one of the position sensors is gone
Well problem is solved.
It turns out that there was maintenance due and instead of letting me know that the system just decided to just stop working. Weird.... The number of syringe actions went over the limit of 25.000 I couldn't figure out how to erase the number so I just increased the limit to 100.000 and the system works again. Again, weird...

Anyway thanks for the help!
Maurice
I found pressure upper above limit in pump compartment and followed by "CAN Error". Such error was frequently observed. So give information about "CAN Error", as well as please provide error code for Chromeleon software.
5 posts Page 1 of 1