Has anyone seen or used a HETP excel sheet calculator?

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

12 posts Page 1 of 1
hi,
Im looking for an excel sheet HETP and As calculator...any tips?
i guess i can create on for my self...
thx
i guess i can create on for my self...
That's what I always do. It's simple enough that it's not worth saving a template.
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374
Yes of course. Read book. In russian we called this book Excel для чайников (Excel for Dummies)... 8)

Attention!
From communicating with regulators (such as regards m-r Spencier , EDQM), I made the following dispositions.

If you use Excel "as a calculator" - (without fixing the formulas in cells, and only for myself) then you use the commercial version. It does not impose on you, any responsibilities for the program meets Bill Gates. Also if reports on excel generated mashine (HPLC)- any bug of program communication - is problem of ( Agilent, Waters, Shimadsu , ...ect)
However, if you commit a formula and communication between cells, you configure the program. In this case, you must validate your configuration (check the correct of calculations) and to protect the password change. If this form to calculate not only are you using is supposed to do QM
And if you use macros - then you change the code. In this case you must check the final product code(not code- algorithm - "in -out" , as do the testers and hackers.
DSP007
i think you are overshooting here.
macros, validation, correctness of results?
these are good recomendations for cGMP/cGLP work enviroment for the reliability and tracebilty of results.

but isn't the topic
Nt=H/HETP
?
i was hoping not to digress here folks...but yeah...a quick and dirty excel sheet was the plan...easy enough to do...i thought someone out there might of done some vba stuff with visuals or something fancy
HPLC 2017 in Prague, http://hplc2017-prague.org/
Thanks Jiri. Is that RAR file German?

If you are using Agilent HPLC you can specify the report to calculate the HETP. It will do both by 1/2 height and
moment calculation. Or you can output as CSV and to in Excel.
sepscientologist wrote:
Is that RAR file German?

It is in English.
HPLC 2017 in Prague, http://hplc2017-prague.org/
i downloaded a german version
Respected Ungvar
1) The starttopic author did not sayd specify details. Conclusion data from equipment to (in) Excel , depending on the type of program unit is different.
Besides, maybe she uses an old device to the registration on paper (recorder, an integrator). In this case, the calculation should be conducted by entering the time (as distance) by hand.
Therefore, in this case only the most common recommendation - manual for the program and Excel for Dummies.

2) However, the requirements of GMP / GLP to the preservation and processing of data entered into all areas of analitic work.
Therefore, on this general approach should warn the user.
Because the initiative is punishable. Lest there be excruciatingly painful after then the inspection (regulator) will declare the boss - you have n't organized work properly.
Jiri Urban wrote:
sepscientologist wrote:
Is that RAR file German?

It is in English.

Hi Jiri,

I am trying to get a copy of this program but the link is broken. Please advise.

Thank you.
djmadmike wrote:
i was hoping not to digress here folks...but yeah...a quick and dirty excel sheet was the plan...easy enough to do...i thought someone out there might of done some vba stuff with visuals or something fancy

Hi,

I attempted to download the .rar file that Jiri posted on this thread but was unsucccessful (dead link). Any chance you have a copy that you can share?

Thank you in advance.
12 posts Page 1 of 1