inject 1.5ml volume with Agilent 1200 Series

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,
I am using the Agilent 1200 HPLC now, and I want to inject 1.5 ml volume sample.
I connected the 1.5ml loop with the injecttor, and edited the injection program like this:
1 DRAW det. amount from sample def. speed, def. offset
2 DRAW det. amount from sample def. speed, def. offset
3 DRAW det. amount from sample def. speed, def. offset
4 DRAW det. amount from sample def. speed, def. offset
5 Inject
6 REMOTE Startpulse

But the sampler always inject 100ul with only one time.
Did I edit in a right way?
Thanks.
Do you have the 900uL metering head installed? Have you changed the injector configuration to indicate the larger metering head and loop? Have you changed the injection volume in the injector settings?

See the link below for an Agilent article on the subject (the 1100 is substantially similar to the 1200, esp. when doing large-volume injections, as the 900uL metering head limits you to a back pressure of 200bar or less):

http://www.chem.agilent.com/Library/app ... 4622EN.pdf
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
Hi pyao!

The basic injection volume is 100 uL, You can buy 900 uL extension kit. If yor sampler injected 100 uL probably you have the basic inj. head.
Do this:
Connect the 1.5 mL cap. after the needle seat (from seat cap. to valve port) anyway the sample goes to the waste!

# Command
1 REPEAT 15 times
2 DRAW 100.0 µl from sample
3 EJECT 100.0 µl into seat
4 END REPEAT
5 INJECT
6 REMOTE Startpulse

iIf you have 900 uL (ext vol. inj. kit) repeat 2 times, just draw 750, eject 750.

Your sampler did the best what it could do. Draw and.....???? For the next draw the ALS have to send the piston to zero position to draw again. So it does (and eject all back into the vial).
Be careful with the sample amount (volume)!
Hope this helps. BTW
You are so nice. Thanks! :D
There is also a way of "barbaric, but effective", though at the same time work is done manually.
After AutoSampler line cuts through the switchable bypass Reodayn with the corresponding loop of 1.5 ml. Since 1200 thermostat have 2 compartment/ line by two columns and set up Reodayn in a regular set - no problem
(As a bypass, you can use a standard capillary, if it is disconnected from the thermostat 1 and connected to Reodayn. After working with a 1.5 ml loop everything possible to return back. However, it is more convenient to use for switching streams full-time 6 way valves, which are sometimes set on thermostats. )
Dear all,

i decided to dig out this very old thread since the question was asked here is very similar to that i have.

we have Infinity II bioinert 1260 system with bioinert multisampler (G5668A).
We have big sample loop (2 ml total), so that we can load up to 1.1 ml.

Sometimes i want to load more (let's say 1.5 ml), so i want to write injection program to split loading in two subloading. I have huge anion exchange column, so i can load in several steps (for 1.5 ml, 0.75+0.75) and elution will not start before gradient reaches some point.

However, in our software/hardware there is no possibility fill the loop since there is no "eject into seat" option!

The only possible choices are "Sample", "Location", "Current container", "Sample+", "Location+" and "Waste".
Openlab version is Rev. C 01.07 SR3[465]
LC Drivers: 2.15.26 /A.02.15 [656]
Are there ways to say the system to do injection into Seat? Like editing file "AgilentSamplerDriver1.RapidControl.PretreatXML"? Or some other ways?

I have tried some dirty way, by 1) drawing sample, 2) moving needle into the seat with "needle" command; 3) switching into "mainpass" for short time; 4) switching back into bypass and repeating steps 1-4. it is however, not precise
It should be more elegant solution i hope.

Is it possible to have multiple "inject" statements in the injection program? This might help, i think.

Thank you
6 posts Page 1 of 1